Thursday, February 4, 2010

Throw More Cabbage

I woke up several times last night to both of our cats running around the house chasing each other. It didn't bode well for my frist day of training. However, after a morning visit to the Fitness Center, all seemed fairly well in the world. Today was "speed" training so here is what I did:

6 X 400 Meters at 6 minute pace (that was 1:30 or level "10" for you treadmill folks)
Crunches
Lifting

And...it all felt pretty darn good. I pounded out each 1/4 mile and even ran an extra 30 seconds on my fourth one.

The awkward moment of the day was walking up to the two best treadmills in the FC at the same time a 90 lb girl was. I offered her the more heavy-duty one and she laughed at me. I shared with her that those particular two treadills were the only ones I do not break. She laughed again, but nervously - kind of like one might laugh nervously at a walrus that starts getting a little too close and you don't know whether to flee or throw more cabbage. Well, I don't want to brag but I put her 90 lbs of thinness in the dust once we got on our separate treadmills.

Feeling good after day one.

Rhino out!

No comments:

Post a Comment